Monday, November 15, 2010

Winter (Since everyone's posting about it)

I walk outside today and the first thing I feel is cold. Cold Wind. There are leaves on the ground, brown and old. The tree outside my house stands bare. The sky is a dusty grey. The wind passes through my coat. My cheeks are cold and red. The people across the street have red and green and white lights up in the window. I look away. Is it really that time of year already? It seems like just yesterday the sky was blue, and the air was thick and warm. The sun would hang around with us a little longer before leaving us with cool nights. Now the sun leaves early, leaving us with bitterly cold nights. What's up with that? I watched the sun disappear from the sky at 4:30 pm today. Snuck out with out even a hint.
The coldness bites my toes, and my nose. My lips become dry and cracked. I begin to run a little; at least school is warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment