Saturday, March 5, 2011

An Amazing Offer!

Okay. So, for exit projects, we need to test 30 people, right? well, so far I've tested 21. So, I've decided to make you an AMAZING OFFER! If you take this test which I will put below, and take it how I want you to take it, you can choose one option of each of the two categories below:

Category 1:
• I will come into school on Monday in a large pink shirt.
• I will come into school in my mime costume and only speak in sign language.
• I will only talk in a REALLY loud voice, like almost screaming.
• I will only talk in a British and/or Chinese accent.

Category 2:
• I will buy you a chocolate cupcake.
• I will give you a free Palm, Tarot, or Geomantic divination (fortune telling).
• I will write you a sonnet
• I will be a subject in your exit project.

Category one, I'll do the one that more people vote for, but category two I will do what ever you say.
THE TEST:
I want you to take this test ion complete silence, no music. allow yourself eight minutes to take the test, and once you've got an answer to a question: DON'T CHECK IT OVER! Leave it be. Write your answers in comment form, as well as your votes. Here's the test:

Name: _________________ Classical ☐| Metal ☐| No Music ☑



1: In a foreign language, “nyeer cog joch” means “Bid Yellow Taxi.” “Shaw joch” means “Big House,” and “nyeer deniro” means “Taxi Driver.”

What word means “yellow”?

Ⓐ nyeer
Ⓑ deniro
Ⓒ shaw
Ⓓ cog
Ⓔ joch

2: In the code below, each letter represents one syllable. The letters are not necessarily listed in the correct order.

BGZ = “leverage”
OMD = “extracting”
TF = “lighten”
CDT = “engraving”
GHP = “levitate”

Which letters are needed to write the code for “gravitate”?

Ⓕ PCH
Ⓖ FOD
Ⓗ CDG
Ⓙ DPH
Ⓚ GPC

3: All scuba divers are experienced swimmers.

Some experienced swimmers swim every day.

No businessman swims every day.

If the above statements are true, which of the following must also be true?

Ⓐ No businessman is an experienced swimmer.
ⒷSome scuba divers are not businessmen.
ⒸAll of those who swim every day are scuba divers.
Ⓓ Some scuba divers swim every day.
Ⓔ Some experienced swimmers are scuba divers.

4: All actors are Democrats.

Some writers are actors.

No doctor is a writer.

If the above statements are true, which of the following must also be true?

ⒻSome doctors are not Democrats.
ⒼNo Doctor is an actor.
ⒽAll writers are Democrats.
ⒿAll actors are writers.
ⓀSome Democrats are writers.

5: In the code below, each letter represents the same word in each of the four sentences. Each word is represented by one letter only. Letters may or may not appear in the correct order.
H C G M D
Appu watches Basketball on TV.
G E B C F
Jay watches movies on cable.
I L G C H
Kyra Watches gymnastics on TV.
C K F H G
carolyn watches movies on TV.

Which letter represents “cable”?

ⒶG
ⒷB
ⒸE
ⒹF
ⒺCannot be determined from the information given.

Test from: Kaplan. Kaplan New York City Specialized High Schools Admissions Test. New York: Kaplan Publishing, 2008.
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i'm sorry this took up so much space!)


Guy Noël Futterhorn

3 comments: