Monday, December 6, 2010

Ode to Winter

Oh winter, your silent beauty
you cover the grey and dull with the white and soft
the world is under your spell.

Though sometimes, you can hurt
really hurt.
You bite my ears and fingers with cold.
Bitter, bitter cold.

(SO
please snow. Really snow. Flurries do not count.
we want snow that sticks. Snow that is not off and on
and off and on and off and on. Real snow.
Cold will not match the the beauty of SNOW)

I can sometimes see the snow
through the shine of the streetlight
Just that is enough to make
a child smile. Or a cat. Or a dinosaur.
I look out the window today and all I see is a wish
I see the sky and the streets saying
"C'mon guys we were so close to the weather everyone anticipates"
I see little green and red and blue lights dance across the road.
Wait, no that is just a side effect of that medicine i took.
But still
so beautiful and graceful.

Okay, this is dragging on.
Snow, please come. New York needs you. Kids need you. I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment