Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Theoretical reasoning

This is me, other wise known as the slightly boring part of cotton smith. Any way if you're interested in discussing ideas, here you go, I just wanted to bring up with the question what is art. I was having a debate with a friend a little while ago saying that art couldn't be anything, for example, a man sculpted a blob into well, a blog, and colored it yellow, and sold it for millions. I believe art has to be something that makes you feel and has excellent craftsmanship, and someone has had to work long and hard over it. I also believe it has to say something easily discernible, rather then, "the line is the way of life and where it stops, you die, it also represents a change in monotony in this turbulent world." okay, don't call me cynical but that is utter Cr*p. look how much you want to bet he took a paint brush, dipped it in black paint and made a line and vuala (sorry about the spelling mistake.) you have million dollar art. which is why I hate this whole modern art phase, I like making philosophies, and some abstraction is necessary, and you should be able to guess a bit but doing basically nothing and calling it art, I mean really... that, to me is a disgrace to people who put years and years of work into art and are never noticed, though that is partially due to societies need for something new every second of every day. this is only an opinion, and I really want to know what you think so please please please comment!

Eli

1 comment:

  1. hey it's the writer, I meant to say, he sculpted a blob into well, a BLOB not a blog thank you!

    ReplyDelete