Tuesday, February 22, 2011

the shed

Today, like many days, I was at "lucky and Jazz"'s (Sophie's) house. Everything was fine, accept for the fact that Sophie had a guitar lesson, and I wanted to stay. We resolved this issue by having me stay in the shed outside for a half hour until the lesson was over. I was left inside with a pencil, a pen, a carrot muffin, a mug with a matching lid and strainer filled with tea leaves, a thermos of boiling water, a sketch pad, a wire basket, a pesach matzo cover,a blanket, a Rubik's cube, and a yarmulke.


I set up my space by putting up a small table I found folded on its stand (a set of four), and creating a seat out of an old cinder block. After after I was done setting up the table and chairs, I realized that Sophie's dog, Rigby, had licked my muffin. I sat at the table, put the blanket over my lap, and poured the water over the tea leaves. On the table were the sketch pad, the matzo cover, the muffin, the Rubik's cube, a pencil, and the tea. The uke and the yarmulke were put onto a shelf next to rope and a saw. As I pulled the strainer out of the mug, I succeeded in spilling tea all over the muffin.

Seeing that the muffin, saturated in tea and dog slobber, was inedible, and my detestation for Rubik's cubes, I decided to draw them. After wiping up the tea spill with the matzo cover, I began to draw the muffin and the cube. By the way, I forgot to mention how cold it was. I could barely draw a straight line, because of the combined factors being that I could not stop shivering and that I couldn't feel my hand anyway. About fifteen minutes in, I heard someones hand on the door nob.thinking it was Sophie, I got up out of my seat. But when the door opened, standing in the doorway was a tall man that I had never seen in my entire life. he looked at me and mumbled under his breath "I thought I heard someone in here" as he left, closing the door behind him.

At this point I was So sick of this shed, from the frigid temperature to the scary stranger coming and going faster than you could say hypothermia. To try and ease my anger and loneliness, I decided to pick up the uke and play a little song. I placed my fingers on the strings and strummed. What came out of the sound box sounded like a dog being squeezed while inside a helium balloon being thrown into a lake. I couldn't feel any of my fingers on my strumming hand, let alone my chord hand. I lifted the mug of tea to my mouth, only to feel it inside of my mouth just as cold as the air around me. Than I remembered the fact that I didn't have shoes on.

Finally, at Five o'clock, Sophie came to my rescue. when she opened the door, she found me huddled in a ball wrapped in the blanket half dead. somehow I managed to make it inside without one of my limbs falling off. Inside, while sitting on a chair in the dining room, Sophie's mother comes in. She looks at me, than at Sophie, than at me once again. Than she says," you know Sophie, Ben could have stayed in here if he wanted." My life sucks, doesn't it.

hope your day wasn't as hypothermic as mine was,
-Guy Noël Futterhorn

And an enigma that you will never understand: if raziel is called fire of earth, could he be called "Tejas of Prithivi"?

No comments:

Post a Comment