Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A sonnet.

I buy a bag of dirt to plant some plants.
The plants I plant are plants and nothing less.
The dirt I buy is filled with many ants.
So many ants that you could only guess.
I buy the plants i plant down at the store.
The dirt I plant my plants in is a mess.
The plants I plant are plants and nothing more.
The plants I plant are pink, i must confess.
I dig a whole to plant my little plants.
I take the shovel from the little shed.
In winter, if I plant my plants, I can't.
I say goodnight and put my plants to bed.
As the sun sets in the sky I smile.
I go inside the house and rest a while.
(Astrid!I can use the word "plants" as many times as i gosh darn like)
(thank you ben for the 4th line)
Lucky and Jazz

2 comments:

  1. I get partial credit for thinking of the second verse and telling you if the first verse was in iambic pentameter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no you can't Sophie. No you can't. - Astrid

    ReplyDelete